May 22nd, 2016 – Lake Miola, Paola, KS
*All courses and distances are subject to change. The distances listed are pending per city and county approval.
Long Course Tri:
Long Course Relay Tri:
For the safety of each athlete cut-off times have been set in place for all Long Course Events. Each athlete will be given a set time that they must complete each portion of the event. If an athlete exceeds the time limit set for any portion of the event, the event staff reserves the right to remove the athlete from the course.
All Long Course Cut-Off Times
- Swim: 1 hour from start of your respective heat. Each athlete will be given 1 hour to complete the swim.
- Bike: 2 hours from the start of when the athlete leaves transition to start the bike portion of the event.
- Run: 1.5 hours from the start of when the athlete leaves transition to start the run portion of the event.
*If an athlete is competing in a Du the same cut-off times will apply to them for the Bike and 2nd run portion.
Short Course Tri:
Short Course Relay Tri:
Short Course Du:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 5:30 A.M. Athlete Body Marking & Chip Pick-up begins.
- 6:30 A.M. Swim Course open.
- 7:00 A.M. Full closure of the entrance in and out of Lake Miola. Traffic will not be allowed in or out of the venue after this time until the races are completed. All spectators will need to arrive at the proposed time due the road being closed for the event and safety reasons.
- 7:15 A.M. Swim Course will close. Athlete Body Marking & Chip Pick-up ends.
- 7:30 A.M. Long Course Triathlon and Short Course Duathlon Start.The Short Course Triathlon and Short Course Relay will start immediately following the last heat of the long course. This will be approximately at 8:00 A.M.
- Please follow all parking signs and all parking attendants.
AWARDS AND AGE GROUP RANKINGS
All athletes are eligible for Overall Awards that are provided by the event sponsors.
- Long Course Triathlon – 1-3 place Male
- Long Course Triathlon – 1-3 place Female
- Short Course Triathlon – 1-3 place Male
- Short Course Triathlon – 1-3 place Female
- Duathlon – 1st place Male
- Duathlon – 1st place Female
- Relay – 1st place Team
Age Group Rankings: 1st – 3rd Place: Male & Female / Long Course Triathlon, Short Course Triathlon & Duathlon
Clydesdale Rankings: 1st – 3rd Place: Male Only / Long Course Triathlon, Short Course Triathlon & Duathlon
Team Competition Rankings: 1st – 3rd Place: Male Only Team, Female Only Team & Co-ed Team
*Note: there are no age group awards or prizes, age group rankings only.
Long Course Triathlon & Short Course Triathlon
The age groups are as follows (Male & Female):
13-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
*Awards are not provided for the age group rankings.
WEATHER / CHECK RETURN POLICIES
In the event of weather that may cause any events to be delayed or canceled the following protocol will be followed.
- A safety assessment of the weather at race time will be determined by our staff and local law enforcement.
- If the our staff or local law enforcement agencies feel it is unsafe to compete, the race will be delayed 15 min.
- After the 15 mins has passed another assessment will be conducted at that time.
- If our staff and local law enforcement agencies feel it is safe the race will then be started.
- In the event that the weather does not allow the event to start after the first 15 min delay and second and final 15 min delay will be put in place.
- After the second 15 min delay has passed and it is safe to compete the race will then be started.
- In the event that the weather does not allow the event to start after the second 15 min delay the race will then be canceled.
- Upon the cancellation of the event it will not be rescheduled for that calendar year.
- Under no circumstances will refunds be offered due to an event being canceled because of weather.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY OF OUR EVENTS, REGARDLESS OF THE REASONS. IF AN ATHLETE REGISTERS FOR ANY OF OUR EVENTS AND CAN NOT ATTEND DUE TO ILLNESS, INJURIES OR PERSONAL REASONS YOUR REGISTRATION FEE WILL NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER OF OUR EVENTS, NOR WILL A REFUND BE ALLOWED. PLEASE READ EACH REGISTRATION STEP THOROUGHLY BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE NEXT STEP. THIS IS A STANDARD OPERATION PROCEDURE OF ALL OF OUR EVENTS AND BIKEREG.COM.
- Return Check Policy: In the event of an athlete having a returned check because of insufficient funds the following will occur.
- A $30 Fee will be assessed in addition to the registration fee.
- The total amount due will need to be in the form of a Money Order or Certified Check.
- Athletes have 30 days to resolve the issue or an additional fee of $30 will be assessed.